Today Barack Obama announced that the first puppy will need to be a hypoallergenic dog.
Barack Obama needs a hypoallergenic dog, because his 10 year old daughter Malia has real bad allergies.
Here's a run down of my top 3 picks for possible hypoallergenic dog candidates for first puppy.
1. Standard Poodle. Poodle's are very hypoallergenic. Poodles come in 3 different sizes - toy, miniature, and standard.
Poodles have hair not fur which makes them hypoallergenic.
2. Shih Tzu. A Chinese dog, also called a "Chinese Lion dog" is an extremely friendly, compact dog. Shih Tzu's are good hypoallergenic dogs to have, and very playful.
3. Yorkshire Terrier.Yorkies are a hypoallergenic dog breed from England. They rarely weigh more than 7 lbs. Yorkies have no undercoat and low shedding.
Yorkshire terriers are also very smart and one of the fastest to be trained, and can learn many commands. Yorkies also have a big bite, and tend to take on dogs bigger than themselves.
Related articles by Zemanta
- Our First Mutt President Distracts Us from Recession with Puppy-Talk [Barack Obama]
- How where you live influences your choice of dog
- BBC has newsgasm over Obama's dog
- Americans Elect Poodle As Obama's Top Dog
- Speculation Begins on the First Bitch
- First Puppy-Elect
- What Kind Of Puppy Should Obama Get His Daughters?
- Canine choice - which breed will Obama take to the White House?